Engineering Professional Services
IFS industry solution for Engineering and Professional Services focus is on managing projects. IFS offers a complete and integrated business solution that manages the entire project lifecycle—Marketing and Sales, Contract, Project Planning and Execution, Resource Management, SubContracting, Project Invoicing, Controlling and Finance.
The IFS solution provides an integrated solution that can manage all stages of a project life. The projects could be in many different industries, with different type of billing contract structures and delivery demands.
Examples of Industries are Infrastructure (Energy, Water, Telecom), Construction ( Buildings, plants, transportation/roads), Contracting ( Oil & Gas, Energy, Chemical), Consulting ( IT/Professional Services), Service Management.
IFS customers include Statnett, Apply, Evry, IFS, Hertel, Skanska, Systra, NG Bailey, Babcock Group, Agility Group, MITIE, Heerema Fabrication Group, Clancy Docwra, Brookfield Multiplex,, Eltel Networks, Infratek, Technip, Graham Construction, etc.
Oil and Gas contractor Apply Sørco increases efficiency with IFS Applications™
Oil and Gas contractor Apply Sørco identified new enterprise software as one of the key components to strengthen its competitive edge.
IFS Supplies Energy Industry Software for EB Group
Norwegian energy company EB Group has worked in partnership with IFS and used IFS Applications for over a decade to deliver measurable benefits in reducing costs, improving business processes and delivering 100 percent service reliability to its customers.
Hafslund Manages Power Grid with IFS Applications
Since implementing component-based IFS Applications for ERP, power transmission and distribution company Hafslund has greatly enhanced its work processes, become more efficient, and improved administrative procedures.
IFS Applications for Engineering and Professional Services (EPS) supports regular consulting services’ processes, but offers also better support to handle larger projects and more complex deliverables. Companies using Engineering and Professional Services solutions gain revenue from selling their employees time and competencies, but also more often adding other services like rental, maintenance and subcontracting. These companies are project oriented, with the customer in focus, and have a broadly defined service offering.
To ensure high profitability these companies must focus on project change control, risk handling, resource optimization, and flexible contract pricing in order to stay competitive. Invoicing routines must adapt, and be fast and simple for the clients, but also better project tools are critical.
With IFS Applications you have a flexible solution that can be appropriately adapted and configured to meet the demands of your contracts/projects.
Engineering Professional Services Solution Map
Engineering Professional Services Solution Map
Key Functional Benefits
IFS Applications for Engineering and Professional Services supports small and large delivery projects. It keeps people throughout your organization fully informed by making the relevant information available in real time. The solution’s inherent transparency and total integration enable you to deal effectively with the day-to-day running of business and to handle risk with a new degree of confidence.
IFS Applications for Engineering and Professional Services includes the following key benefits:
- Scalability to handle all type of projects, small and large, within the same solution.
- A complete CRM, Contract, Project, Finance, Human Resource, Sub-Contract, Procurement, Document and Service system in one solution, providing full control and management of all the critical business processes from Project Bidding to Invoicing.
- Easily configurable Lobby for internal and external project resources.
- Integrated contract and project management gives the project manager maximum control and monitoring capabilities on revenues, cost, progress and alerts.
- Strong support for Risk Management.
- Flexible tools for resource planning and allocation according to competence.
- The dynamic and flexible accounting model ensures correct and balanced project transaction flow, hereby easily supporting needs for specific reports, traceability and analysis.
- Global Finance solution with a high level of automation of intercompany transactions and invoicing also for project transactions.
- One version of the financial truth in project and finance and support for group consolidation with drill down.
- Strong support for subcontract management.
- Integrated document management throughout the entire value chain.
- Open architecture for easy data exchange (i.e. Timesheets) with client systems and subcontractors.
- Easy reporting tools and BI capabilities.
- Pre-defined business models and best practice
BIM or (Building Information Modelling) is one of the construction industry’s (relatively few) buzzwords that continues to dominate conversations—and for good reason.
Want to learn more about IFS's offering for Engineering Professional Services?
Contact Alexander Fjelltveit, Project Manager Marketing, IFS Scandinavia.