"IFS enables a centralized vendor database and has automated all activities from purchase requests (PR) to purchase orders as well as the receipt, issue and accounting of store items and assets."
NHPC Limited (formerly National Hydroelectric Power Corporation Ltd.), a Govt. of India Enterprise, was incorporated in 1975 and presently has an authorized capital of 150,000 million and the objective to plan, promote and organize integrated and efficient development of hydroelectric power. Later, NHPC expanded its objectives to include other sources of energy such as geothermal, tidal and wind.
Benefits seen using IFS
- Single database overing all business processes
- Adoption of best business practices
- High levels of coordination and synchronization between key functions
- Increased employee productivity
- Elimination of data redundancy