“With the launch of IFS in Złomrex, Ferrostal and Walcownia in early 2007, and then in other entities, we have gained a lot of insight into the system and its implementation methodology, thanks to effective cooperation with IFS consultants. So, we weren’t afraid to implement the system on our own in the other companies.”
Chief Accountant and IT Director, Cognor S.A.
Cognor S.A. was founded in 1991 and initially focused on trading steel mill products. The company has been listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange since 1994. In 2006, Cognor became part of a larger industrial group, Złomrex S.A., which manufactures steel mill products and trades metal scrap. Now, after an internal reorganization in 2010–2011, Cognor S.A. has become the holding company of the group, replacing Złomrex S.A. The group includes several companies
operating mainly in Poland.
Benefits seen using IFS
- Ongoing access to management information
- Enhanced group management in finance and control
- Streamlined document workflows and processing
- Secure data integrity across the group
- Ability to monitor production costs
- Better maintenance management
- Enhanced quality management