Collectively, the positive results we have experienced to date cannot be undersold. Factoring in the cost reductions achieved to date, we are setting ourselves up well for stronger financial performance.
Senior Vice President, Engineering & Maintenance Organization, China Airlines
About China Airlines
Founded in 1959, China Airlines is the largest airline in Taiwan and a SkyTeam airline alliance member since September 2011. As of 2023 the airline operates a fleet of 91 aircraft with an average age of 9.9 years, including A350-900, A330-300, A321NEO, 777-300ER, 777F, 737-800, 747-400, 747-400F (cargo), 787-900.
- 65 percent reduction of multi crew job card waiting time in heavy maintenance
- 10 percent increase in line management process efficiencies
- 10 percent increase in heavy maintenance manpower efficiencies
- 3 percent increase in A Checks delivery efficiencies
- Average addition of 30 revenue days per year through a reduction in scheduled aircraft maintenance
- Average addition of 25 revenue days per year through a reduction in unscheduled aircraft maintenance